This is an effective way to develop your accuracy, with immediate feedback on how well you did!
- Get a reference image.
- Enlarge canvas to 200% width.
- Create a new layer and indicate placement marks on the reference image: top, bottom, left, right.
- On the empty side of the canvas, do your placement: top, bottom, left, right.
- Double-check the lines you’ve drawn. Move them, refine them, until they look perfect.
- When you’re ready to check, drag your placement lines on top of the reference image.
- Enable “Lock Transparency” on the placement line layer and color-code your lines. Green = nailed it, orange = close, red = off.
Ready to go a step further? Check out Part 2!