Here we add the difficulty of making the drawing a different size than the reference.
- Get a reference image.
- Enlarge canvas to 200% width.
- Make a new layer and draw a simple shape to estimate how big your drawing will be. Use a light line!
- Do your placement: top, bottom, left, right.
- Double-check the lines you’ve drawn. Move them, refine them, until they look perfect.
- When you’re ready to check, drag your placement lines on top of the reference image and scale them to match the reference.
- Enable “Lock Transparency” on the placement line layer and color-code your lines. Green = nailed it, orange = close, red = off.